1. Personal data – What are they?
The term “personal data” refers to all information about “a living natural person by means of which it can be identified”. Thisx concerns the data that belong to a person and by which that person can be identified. Think of name, address, zip code, city, telephone number, email address or a photo.
The processing of personal data is regulated in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter: GDPR) that entered into force on May 25, 2018.
2. Who are we and why this statement?
Studio Drift B.V. (hereinafter: “Studio Drift”) located in Amsterdam is a collective of artists founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta. Studio Drift is involved in devising design and art concepts, producing objects arising from these concepts, and selling and exhibiting these concepts and / or objects. Studio Drift explores the boundaries of technology, art and nature with its installations, works and performances.
As part of our work, Studio Drift can process your personal data. In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect, for what purposes we do that, what basis (s) we have for this and how long we keep this data. In addition, you can read with whom we possibly share data, what security measures we take to protect your personal data, and what your rights as a data subject are.
Studio Drift attaches great importance to the protection of privacy. The personal data obtained and / or collected by us will only be processed in accordance with the GDPR and other relevant legislation.
Studio Drift is responsible for the processing of personal data and acts as “Controller” as referred to in the GDPR. These are our details:
- Statutory name: Studio Drift B.V.
- Business and visiting address: Asterweg 20 B1, 1031 HN Amsterdam
- Email address: email@example.com
- Chamber of Commerce number: 76559084
- VAT identification number: NL860674241B01
3. What personal data do we collect, and for what purposes?
Depending on our relationship with the data subject, Studio Drift collects different types of personal data for different purposes:
Customers and other relations of Studio Drift, such as suppliers. • Contact, information and service purposes: Studio Drift processes personal data to maintain contact with customers, interested parties and relations, to improve the quality of our activities and to process a request for information, question or complaint. Personal data processed in this context are: first and last name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address and personal data that occur in e-mail traffic.
- Formation and execution of agreements: Studio Drift enters into agreements with customers and suppliers with regard to the delivery of products or services. Personal data processed in that context include the first and last name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, company data, payment data (bank account number and / or card data), and other data that are deemed necessary for the execution of contracts.
- Promotional purposes: Studio Drift periodically sends a newsletter by email to interested parties to inform them about Studio Drift and its activities. In that context, the name and e-mail address of the recipient (in principle with permission, see below) are processed. We also display messages on social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram that may contain photo and / or video images.
- Workforce: Studio Drift processes personal data in the context of its workforce. This workforce consists of both salaried employees and self-employed persons who are engaged by Studio Drift. In that context, we process the personal data required for the administration, including first name, last name, initials, address details, telephone number, date of birth, gender, position, profession, education, email address, bank account number, Chamber of Commerce data and VAT number.
- Applications: During an application procedure we process personal data of the applicant such as (full) name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth and gender. In addition, Studio Drift asks for information about the training courses followed by the applicant and the employment history. In this context, Studio Drift can also view a (business) social media profile such as LinkedIn. We use the above information to contact and maintain, and to assess whether the applicant is the correct candidate for the position.
Visitors to our website
- Development and analysis purposes: Studio Drift places analytical cookies to further develop, maintain and improve our website. Interaction data such as your IP address is registered here. Because analytical cookies only make a limited invasion of your privacy, we do not need permission (cookie notification) to place these cookies.
4. Legal bases
Studio Drift processes your personal data on the basis of the following legal bases:
- Execution of an agreement (to be concluded): with regard to the personal data of its customers, other relations and employees, Studio Drift usually processes the data on the basis of an agreement between the customer, relation, employee and Studio Drift, exceptions in connection with the requirement leave permission (see below);
- Legal obligation: Studio Drift is obliged to pass on personal data to the tax authorities. It must also keep its records, such as data relating to the personnel file, the payroll administration and debtor and creditor administration, for a limited period of time (fiscal retention obligation);
- Consent: in principle, for a number of processing operations, Studio Drift requires your consent and will ask for this:
– The placement of photo and video material on our social media channels on which individuals are recognizable.
– Sending our digital newsletter. When registering for the newsletter, you provide Studio Drift with your name and e-mail address, and you explicitly give your consent for the processing of this data in the context of receiving the newsletter. Please note: if you are already a customer with us, we may also include you without this permission in our database and inform you digitally about products or services that are comparable to products or services previously purchased by you. You have the right to unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter at any time and free of charge by contacting us. You can do this by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function mentioned in each newsletter, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legitimate interest: As described above, Studio Drift has a legitimate marketing interest in informing existing customers about similar products or services. Furthermore, Studio Drift has a legitimate interest in placing analytical cookies in order to improve the website.
5. Who is involved in the processing of your personal data and with whom do we share such data?
During the execution of the work, the employees of Studio Drift have access to your personal data. Access to personal data is only possible if this is necessary for the employee to carry out his or her work with regard to the purposes formulated above.
Studio Drift can use third parties to support its business organization, where personal data is processed. If Studio Drift engages such “processors”, Studio Drift will in such cases conclude an agreement in which it is agreed, among other things, that your personal data will be sufficiently secured.
Unless there is direct marketing in which Studio Drift has a legitimate interest, Studio Drift will otherwise not provide your personal data to third parties, except with your express permission. In that case you have the right to withdraw your consent (your rights are further described under point 8).
In certain cases, Studio Drift may be (legally) obliged to provide your personal data to third parties. Your personal data can be processed within countries of the European Economic Area (EEA). No processing of your personal data takes place outside the EEA.
6. Retention of personal data
Studio Drift does not store the collected personal data longer than is strictly necessary for the purpose for which the personal data were obtained. This is different if Studio Drift has a legal obligation that requires the personal data to be kept longer (for example, the fiscal retention obligation of 7 years), Studio Drift has a legitimate interest in this and / or because you have given permission for this.
7. What security measures do we take?
Studio Drift fulfills its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up-to-date, securely storing and destroying it, not collecting or storing excessive amounts of personal data, protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to protect personal data. All information is treated confidentially and is on secure servers. Studio Drift has ensured, among other things, encryption of data and encrypted communication and treatment of the data as confidential. Persons who have access to your data on behalf of Studio Drift are bound to secrecy as indicated above. Studio Drift requires the same technical and organizational measures from its processors and has laid this down in processing agreements. Any data breaches will be documented and (timely) reported to the Dutch Data Protection Authority where necessary under the GDPR and / or other legislation and, where necessary, to you personally.
8. What are your rights?
Subject to exemptions (under the GDPR), you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request information about the processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data transferred to another party (data portability);
- The right to change your personal data;
- The right to withdraw your consent;
- The right to have your data deleted if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained or if you withdraw your consent. You do not always have the right to have data deleted, exceptions may apply;
- The right to restriction of processing;
- The right to object to the processing;
- The right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority if you believe that Studio Drift is acting in violation of the applicable privacy rules. Studio Drift attaches importance to point out that not all rights described above are absolute rights and that under certain circumstances Studio Drift cannot comply with a specific request. We will assess each request individually on the basis of the specific circumstances. If Studio Drift is unable to comply with a specific request, it will inform you of this in a motivated manner. If you disagree with our decision, you can file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority or submit it to a judge. The right to object to the use of data for (direct) marketing purposes is, however, absolute and we will in all cases accept a request to stop receiving advertisements from Studio Drift.
Insofar as we place links on our website to third party websites, it is important to know that when visiting these third party websites, the privacy statement of the relevant website applies, and not that of Studio Drift. 10. Adjusting this privacy statement Studio Drift reserves the right to change this privacy statement at any time and for any reason. Studio Drift therefore advises you to regularly check the website because it always contains the most recent version. This statement was last updated on 1 juli 2020.